If you’re reading this, you’re probably someone who does your best to stay positive and look on the bright side of things. But, of course, we all have less-than-stellar days when we feel stressed, frustrated, overwhelmed, sad, or any other emotion you might not like to feel.
While I believe it’s important to acknowledge and embrace all of your emotions and feel what you feel, at some point — whether it’s in the next 30 minutes or the next day — you’re going to want (and dare I say, need) to feel better and more positive. With that said, here are a few ways to boost your mood instantly (or relatively quickly):
- Deep breathing. (Inhale for four counts, pause at the top, exhale for eight counts).
- Listen to upbeat music — and maybe even dance.
- Talk to a friend.
- Write about how awesome you are in your journal.
- List 10 (or more) things you’re thankful for.
- Laugh — watch funny videos on YouTube or listen to a comedy album or podcast.
- Take a walk in nature.
- Listen to nature sounds like water flowing, rain, or birds chirping (you can find some on YouTube).
- Take a nap.
- Try aromatherapy (particularly lavender or orange).
- Read inspirational quotes.
- Visualize your happy place (like the beach, a meadow, or the mountains).
- Look at or create a vision board.
What do you do when you need to boost your mood? Share your ideas below! : )