If you’re reading this, you might already know what chakras are. If not (or you aren’t entirely sure), chakras refer to the wheels of energy throughout our bodies in yoga, meditation, and Ayurveda. There are seven main chakras that align the spine, starting at the base and through the crown of your head. Because they affect our psychological, emotional, and spiritual states of being, it’s important that the chakras stay open, fluid, and aligned.
The root chakra is located at the base of your spine and consists of the things that ground you to stability in your life. This includes your basic physical needs (food, water, shelter, safety) and your emotional needs (like moving past fear and worry).
When your root chakra is unbalanced, you might feel:
- “out of it”/like your mind is all over the place.
- anxious or worried.
When the root chakra is balanced, you feel:
- trusting (of yourself and your Higher Power).
Associated color: red.
Crystals to use: red jasper, red aventurine, ruby, smoky quartz, black tourmaline (just to name a few).
One way to heal your chakras is through affirmations. Here are 10 to use:
- I am safe, and it is safe to be safe.
- I am rooted and grounded.
- I am secure.
- I release all fear and anxiety.
- I am supported in every way by Life.
- My ancestors are always with me.
- I am abundant and live in an abundant universe.
- I always have what I need
- I trust Life and Divine Timing.
- I rest in the knowing that things always work out for me.
Have any questions about using these affirmations or this post? Email me here.