Get started in Asana using your own data in an easy and fast way. The CSV Importer will help you move your workflow out of spreadsheet software such as Excel or Smartsheet to Asana, so you can get started right away on any project. You can also import data from other work management tools.
How do I import an Excel file into Asana?
How to import CSVs and spreadsheets into Asana
- Log in or sign up for Asana.
- Click the + button in the top bar to create a new project.
- Select the Import option when prompted.
- Select the CSV file you want to upload.
- Preview your import and make any changes if needed.
- Start your import.
Can you import a spreadsheet to Asana?
With our new CSV importer, you can import your spreadsheet right into an Asana project so you can begin managing your project in a collaborative, flexible tool with just a few clicks.
Can Asana integrate with Excel?
Asana + Microsoft Excel Integrations
Zapier lets you send info between Asana and Microsoft Excel automatically—no code required. Triggered when a task within a project, or any project within a workspace, is marked as completed.
How do I upload files to Asana?
Get Google Drive + Asana
- Click the Attachments (paper clip) icon at the top of task pane.
- Select Attach From Google Drive.
- Select a file from your files stored in My Drive or your Team Drive.
- Once selected, your file will show in the Attachments section of the task pane.
How do I create a custom field in Asana?
Custom Field & Search Views
Use Search Views to search for tasks using the same Custom Field across multiple projects. Start by clicking the search bar to access the Advanced Search options. From there, click Add Filter, then select Add Custom Field.
How do I export Asana to CSV?
How To Export Data From Asana
- First, head to the project that you want to export.
- Then, head to the Project Actions Menu.
- Once you are in the menu, click on the drop down arrow, click on Export, and then CSV. Since you are looking at how to export data from Asana, perhaps you are leaving the program.
Is Asana free with G suite?
Asana and Google have developed the Asana for Gmail add-on that can be downloaded and installed for free from the G Suite Marketplace; it also works with the Gmail app on Android. Once the add-on is installed, you’ll have access to the Asana icon in the upper-right corner of Gmail.
How do I connect slack to Asana?
Connect your account
- From your desktop, click Apps at the top of your left sidebar. …
- Search for and select Asana.
- From the Messages tab, click Connect to Asana.
- Select Allow to grant Asana access to Slack. …
- Click Allow again.
- Click Open Slack to return to your workspace.
File sharing tools
We recommend adding files directly to your tasks in Asana, so you can find the latest version quickly and collaborate easily. Asana seamlessly integrates with Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, and Box, so adding attachments to Asana from your existing file sharing tool is simple.